Monday, January 19, 2009

Winterfest

I'm glad that someone used my camera to snap a picture of Wade walking to me. I still need to get a video.


This weekend was the Winterfest: Fire and Ice here in Chelan. We went out to watch some of the snowmobile races.







Professional ice sculptors come and create these beautiful sculptures around town. This one you can sit on.




All the cousins.


Here were a few of my favorites. The only problem is that every picture has the cars in the background.








The festival also has a snow sculpting contest that you can enter, an ice rink, a huge bonfire made from everyone's leftover Christmas trees, a polar bear dip, and fireworks. We went up and watched the fireworks, but the camera I was using didn't get any good shots.

1 comment:

Jeff, Rebekah, Chloe, and Wyatt said...

Happy belated birthday to Jason and Tristan! I enjoyed the pictures of your trip to the South- I'd really like to go see that area! We'll be thinking of you and your family with your sister leaving for Iraq.