Friday, March 04, 2011

Sleepovers, Birthdays, and Savings

Ashlyn, Cody, and Caleb had a sleepover party at our house on Tuesday!  We went to Dr. Seuss' birthday party at the library.  We watched a Dr. Seuss movie, read a book, played Cat In the Hat beanbag toss, made a Butter Battle Banner, played with Oobleck, got our face painted like cats, and ate some treats!  What fun!  Then we came home and ate popcorn.  Ashlyn read the boys stories while they settled in to the big bed in the guest room.  This was how they looked at 4 am!  :)

Wade on his birthday!  He turned 3 on 3/3!  How's that for a golden birthday?  :)

We already celebrated his birthday, but we did put a candle in his coffee cake this morning!

Owen soaking up rays!  or microwaves!

Have I told you that I have started couponing?  Safeway was having some pretty decent sales this week and I had some pretty decent coupons.  Working together, I got all of this food for $53.  (Plus, the gallon of milk and half gallon of ice cream are not pictured.)  I have to be careful that couponing does not buy me a bunch of things that I don't need or that will go to waste!  Today was really good!  I didn't get anything weird that I may/may not use.  It is all stuff I normally buy, except I got it for really really cheap!!!  Woohoo!!!!  Here is a list of the things that I bought.  Oh!  And!  I got a $.30 off per gallon of gas and a $2.00 off my next trip to safeway!  
Box of FiberOne granola bars
4 boxes Gushers fruit snacks
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
2 boxes Cinnamon Burst Cheerios
Golden Grahams
Bottle of Ranch salad dressing
Bottle of Asian ginger salad dressing
Miracle Whip
Bottle of sweet and sour sauce
2 bags Chocolate chunk cookies
can of refried beans
3 pack of Extra gum
10 pack box Quacker instant oatmeal
2 cans Chicken noodle soup
2 packages cookie dough
Frozen meal Sweet and Sour Chicken 
1/2 gallon chocolate milk
1 quart whipping cream
8 strawberry yogurts
2 raspberry yogurts
1 blueberry yogurt
1/2 gallon cookies and cream ice cream
1/2 gallon mocha mix creamer
2-1/2 gallon cartons orange juice
16 cartons kids yogurt
Box of steak taquitos
1 gallon milk
2 turkey/ham deli creations
3 lb slab of beef flat iron
bag of fish sticks
2 lbs of asparagus
2 lbs carrots
big pepperoni pizza

That's a lot of food!  The bill before savings and coupons was $157.82.  The amount I paid after savings and coupons was $53.29.

3 comments:

Tawn said...

officially impressed with your couponing.

Jan Farring said...

Congratulations Sarah - that's wonderful!! You saved 2/3 of your original cost!! Good JOB!!

Jen said...

The four boys sleeping at 4 AM...hilarious!!! It brought back some memories of photos that my mom has like that from when my brother and I were around that age. Those kinds of pics are just too funny!! :)

Great job on the couponing, by the way! Wait until the day where the amount of money you save with coupons and sales is MORE THAN what your total bill is (meaning that you would pay $21 after you just saved $27 in coupons). Now THAT is a wicked-awesome feeling! So, keep up the good work! :)