Monday, March 21, 2011

How Did This Happen?

All of a sudden I have change my cooking habits.  When I make tacos I make a certain amount every time.  When I make a pizza, I make one.  When I make steak, I make 2 steaks.  I just realized that has changed!  One pizza doesn't cut it anymore.  2 steaks?  The boys laugh and say where's all the food?  I no longer have a little taco meat left over to freeze for my next pot of chili.  When did this happen?  The other night I made steaks (2, oops), roasted potatoes (lots, or so I thought), corn, and crescent rolls.  A normal meal.  5 minutes later it was gone and everyone was wondering what else there was for dinner.  When we eat out (rarely), we've never ordered food for the boys, we just let them eat off of our plates.  That can't happen anymore, unless it's La Brisa and the boys have filled up on chips and bean dip before the food came.  I know that this is just the beginning.  There is more to come!  And Owen, is going to be the biggest eater yet, I think!  He is barely a year old and ate 6 chicken nuggets at lunch today!  That's not counting the oranges, peaches, and glass of milk!  It's ok though!  I LOVE it!  I enjoy cooking, but I really, really, really enjoy cooking for people who appreciate it and eat it.  I'm like a little old grandma who just wants to feed everyone and is happiest when people are eating her cooking!  :) I say that now....  I might not be saying that when I have to be cooking constantly just to keep my head above water!

"Mommy I have pick-ups in my mouth!"  -Wade, who had hiccups.

Owen says clean-up and actually does it!!!  He definitely likes to unload drawers, buckets, shelves, etc, but then I start singing the clean-up song, and he says it with me as he puts everything back!

When you say Wisconsin....you've said it all.  (In reference to their 2nd round game on Saturday!) On Wisconsin!

4 comments:

Neisha said...

you might want to consider growing a garden :) i prefer it when my kids eat good too

Jason and Sue said...

you crack me up! That's exactly the description that comes to mind when I think of you :) Please come to my house and rub off a little of that love for cooking! I need some major help in that category!

Tawn said...

yup, little old grandma sarah, that's how we refer to you behind your back. it's going to be hilarious to see your costco cart(s) when the boys are teenagers.

Marixa said...

We were just commenting on that the other day when we made 1 pizza for supper and it almost didn't feed four of us! Jeremy said, "Pretty soon on pizza won't be enough...or one box of mac n cheese, or one lb of hamburger for something." I guess that's the line drawn between a family of four and family of five!! :)