Monday, March 28, 2011

Dining (Dinning) Table

I am surprised at how many people misspell the word dining.  We have been half-heartedly looking for a new table.  We have a hand-me-down one that works just fine, but we have our eyes open for our dream table.  We'd like a table with matching chairs (we are using folding chairs now), but because we don't NEED it we are being quite picky.  No sense getting one if it's not a good deal and one that we love.  So, craigslist has been my friend.  :)  I have learned that if I search craigslist for "dining table" I only pull up half of the options.  I have to type in "dinning table" to get the other half!  I will admit, that our table is noisy enough that "dinning" table is maybe more appropriate!  :)  So we thought we found THE one.  We went and saw it, but it didn't work out to get it.  The table wasn't as nice as the pictures showed and the price was still pretty steep.  We'll keep looking!  You may be wondering what we have used as a table in the past.  We had a dining set when we lived in Las Vegas, but sold it when we moved.  Since we've lived in WA we have used our outdoor patio set as our table.  But, now, that one is outside where it belongs!  :)

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Craigslist is hilarious! Somebody tried for weeks to sell their "secretariat" instead of a secretary. I had to resist the urge to reply "nobody wants to buy your dead racehorse, no matter how famous"

Kari D. said...

What a sad reflektion of our sosiety.