Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March Madness

And so it begins, the Madness that we call March.  The Lepak family is having a friendly family competition regarding the brackets.  In fact, the commissioner (Garrett) has insisted that all family members participate, including Tristan, Wade, and Owen.  So, Tristan and Wade did their brackets last night....I figured that they probably didn't need to wait until the play-in games were over...  Tristan liked teams that had "George" in it, because he has a friend named George.  He liked Washington and Wisconsin for a little while.  He also liked Florida, because we went there.  He said UCLA was "his" team, but had them lose at some point too.  Otherwise his selections were pretty random.  Then it was Wade's turn.  Because Georgetown was fresh in his mind after Tristan picked them to win the championship, he wanted his bracket to be named Georgetown...but then when he was selecting, I don't think he necessarily picked them.  Wade always picked the second team that I said (there were a couple of exceptions.)  So after the first quadrant, I caught on that he was always picking the second team that I said, which is a problem because the higher seed is listed first and the lower seed is listed second.  So basically his bracket was going to be 100% upsets.  So, I started changing the order I said the teams.  So, now it's about half and half. :)  It was cute trying to hear him pronounce some of the names...like Wofford...hahhaha.  By the time they were done, Owen was ready for bed and was not up to cooperating to select his bracket.  I might use the cheerio idea....if he picks the one on the left, he wants one team, and the one on the right represents the other team.  :)  Or I might just hold him over the bracket and choose the team his drool lands on...that might work too!  Tristan and Wade were asking the rest of the night when the "racket" starts.  I explained that the games would start Thursday and we would see if the teams they chose would win.  They still asked "has the game started yet?" for a couple of hours before falling asleep!  :)  


Have I mentioned that Owen gives the BEST hugs?  He wraps his little arms around your neck and burrows his face in!  It is soooo sweet!  I love them!  Wade is also very affectionate.  He always comes up to me several times a day gives me a hug and tells me that he loves me!  I am a very lucky mommy!


I have some videos that I want to put up of Owen "trying" to walk!  Also, Tristan likes to make a funny face at Owen to make him laugh.  

Now Owen puts his fingers in his mouth when he sees Tristan do it.  I've tried to document it, but every time he sees the camera he stops doing it to try and grab the camera.  :)

The boys have been LOVING the warmer weather!  They spend as much time as I'll let them outside!  They play basketball, ride bikes, ride in their battery-powered Escalade, drive trucks, play "pirates", etc.  Owen loves being outside too!  He likes to drive his new 4-wheeler, ride a tricycle, and crawl around wearing holes in his knees!  :)







No comments: