Monday, September 20, 2010

What Would You Do?

Our cabinets for our new house came...and I'm very disappointed.  We ordered hickory which we know is quite varied.  But I'm convinced that this is a little ridiculous!  I know the lighting on these pictures is not very good, but I hope that you can see the difference.  This is what we ordered....



This is what we got....
It doesn't go with the flooring that we picked out or the paint that we want.  Of course we can't return them, but we feel that we were misinformed as to what we were getting... What to do, what to do!

4 comments:

Neisha said...

complain..if anything maybe you'll give you some $$ back. I love hickory because of the variegated color...these don't look like hickory

Jenny said...

I'm not sure what I would do...I suppose, like Neisha said, maybe you could get a discount or something. I'd like to see it when it's all finished. I'm sure it will look wonderful even if it's not quite what you wanted.

Kent and Annie said...

:( I'm sorry! Don't know what to say, but I feel your pain. My cousin went home and found they painted her whole house with a glossy finish instead egg shell... so she had to paint it all again. The "joys" of building a new home!

Jeff, Renee, Carter and Camden said...

Well, Jeff said that sometimes there can be "quality control" issues at the production plant. You can put in a claim with whoever you purchased it from. If it is "enough" of a diffrence in what the sample showed they may just return and redo them for you. Trust me he goes out to jobs like this all the time.