Thursday, September 23, 2010

House Update

Yesterday the sheet rock was craned into the house.  Kind of fun to watch.  You can tell by the 3 little spectators that it was a great time!
There they are!

They were very careful bringing them in through my 2nd floor slider.

Jason and I have been working on siding some of the house.  It takes a long time, and those big boards are heavy!  Not looking forward to the rest of this wall that is all 2nd story height, and lugging those boards up ladders is not going to be easy.

The back of the house.  Have I showed you my back porch birthday present yet?

On Tuesday the drywallers did the ceiling in the garage.  Those are all of our cabinets in boxes in the back.

I was helping Wade ride a bike on the street when I noticed that there was no one inside the truck.  I had assumed that there was someone in there operating the crane.  But, nope, he is in the doorway up there...do you see him?  He is lounging against the door and operating the crane with controls on his belt!  I've never seen that before!  He did very well, though, no nicks or dings!  :)  By the way, you can see in the background of this picture the houses way up on the hill.  Our property goes from behind our house up to that line of houses.  Not much we can do with the land, because it is so steep, but I have a dream of a gazebo part way up with a BBQ.

1 comment:

Neisha said...

where's the picture of your back porch gift?? :)