Sunday, February 01, 2009

Dear Tristan,

*I see so many of you wonderful mothers writing beautiful letters to your children. Letters that they will always get to look back on and enjoy. I haven't wanted to write one, because nothing I write could compare to all of the eloquent letters I see on others' blogs. But, at the same time, I would like to remember some of the milestones that my children reach. So I decided to just write little journal letters to remember some things that my children have done. I hope you don't mind...

Tonight we had Paul and Patty over for dinner (our elders). You couldn't wait for them to come. You stood by the window looking for them. As soon as they showed up you ran to them asking for hugs. You call them Grandpa Paul and Grandma Patty. They had a lot of fun watching you sing your ABC's, count to 10, and sing the "Alligator" song. You had to show them all your trucks and how they work, too!
You love to "help Wade." You are always trying to pick him up when he falls (which is often seeing as he has just started walking). You are not very much help even though you try to be. Usually it results in Wade crying as you try to drag him up off the floor. I appreciate your concern for him, though!
You love to go to storytime. You talk about it all the time. There is a new "infant" storytime that I've been taking you to so that Wade can participate, but you love that too!! I told you that when it gets a little bit warmer outside we will ride in the car down to storytime, so you are very excited for that. You get in your car and say "Yeah, storytime!" You load all of your books into the back of your car so that you are ready to go.
On Saturday we went to watch Rylan's basketball game. We've been going to a lot of basketball games lately, and you love them! You are always asking to go to a "b-ball" game. At Rylan's game some of the varsity players, who were warming up for their practice, played with you. They thought you were really good at basketball and would probably be a star someday.
Sunday you threw a big fit during meeting. You've been doing really well in meeting and I thought that you'd turned a corner. Sunday, however, was pretty rough. There was something that you were trying to tell me that you wanted, but you got so worked up and emotional you just burst into tears while you were trying to tell me. Daddy had to take you out 3 times in the first 15 minutes of meeting! After that you were really good, but I never figured out what you were trying to tell me!
You talk a lot and I usually understand everything that you are saying. I especially like when you say "I love you, mommy," or "I miss you, mommy." Those are some of your special words!
Love you lots monster!!

No comments: