Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Owen Mitchell






Owen Mitchell Sanderson was born yesterday at 3:14 am. I went into labor all on my own!!! I had been having contractions for about 4 days, but they weren't very regular. Sunday night at about 9:30 pm we started noticing that they were a little more regular, but not painful at all. They were about 5 min apart. I fell asleep at 10:30 to contractions that were still regular, but not at all painful. I woke up at 11:15 to harder contractions. I woke up Jason at 11:30 and we decided about Midnight that we had better head to the hospital. We checked into the hospital at 12:15 am and Owen was born 3 hours later. It was fun to actually go into labor rather than be induced! I ended up having a natural birth, although that wasn't necessarily my intention. It just seemed that it went fast and there wasn't a lot of time. I pushed for about 1/2 hour, and the pushing wasn't nearly as unbearable as it had been for my first 2! Owen was born weighing 7 lbs 15.5 oz and was 20 in long. He is very healthy and cute!! :) He has a dimple in his left cheek that he shows off when he cries! :) He didn't have a name for the first 12 hours of his life, we were just calling him Noname Yet Sanderson. We were discharged from the hospital this morning and are very excited to be home with our 3 boys!!! I will put some pictures up from our day, and hopefully will get some more up soon.

16 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on the handsome new addition to your family! He's absolutely perfect!!!

Neisha said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! he's a sweetie!

Heather S said...

congrats! (i've enjoyed peeking at your blog from time to time)

Jeff, Rebekah, Chloe, and Wyatt said...

Congratulations!! Wow! Three boys in three years! Owen is so cute and looks so much like Tristan did when he was born! (to me anyway!) Yay for quick labor and delivery! Your birth was so much like mine a little less then a year ago! Hope you can get some rest now that you are home... we are thinking of you and can't wait to meet little Owen Mitchell (Great name choice!)

Lani said...

He's beautiful, Sarah! Congratulatons to everyone. Hugs.

Jessica said...

o so happy 4 u guys! hes such a cutie!! and look at his proud brothers... so sweet. *hugs*

now its my turn... man im so impatient.

Kent and Annie said...

Congrats! I love the name Owen! What a cutie, but what else could we expect from a child of yours! :)

Ariana said...

awwww Congrats!!! You have such a cute family! Hopefully I'll get to see my newest cousin soon!

Love, Ariana (and Bryan)

Kerry said...

Congratulations, Sarah! we're so happy for you :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Little Owen is precious.

GIEJ Long said...

Congratulations!!! Now your family isn't too much like ours any more. But we won't make anything to change this, ha ha.
Owen is so cute and looks a lot like his brothers. If I had seen a picture of him all by himself somewhere else, I would have known what family he belongs to.
Look forward to see more pictures. P.S. I heard the news this morning from aunties :-)

Karli said...

Congrats! I love the picture of all 3 of your boys...so cute! :) Hope we get to meet him before he's too big!

Alesha said...

What a cutie! I think he looks like Wade, but I've never seen any of your children yet, so I might not be a good judge. Glad everything went so well=) Congrats!

Danica said...

Very exciting! I'm glad it went so well, and so quickly. You all look great! Congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!!! Dina

NadineB said...

I love the picture of your 3 boys... adorable! Congratulations!