Saturday, February 06, 2010

Boy Update

We are doing well here. I haven't given a newsy update lately, and I guess that's because there hasn't been much news! We are all awaiting the arrival of our little one which is less than 3 weeks away now (hopefully). The boys days are spent playing, going to story time at the library, crying, fighting, etc. My days are spent working, cleaning up after the boys, preparing the house for a new baby, and being lazy. :) I am starting to have some carpal tunnel symptoms, which I had when I was pregnant with Wade as well. So, this is about the time I start thinking the care and feeding of a little tiny baby will be less troublesome than being pregnant, so bring on the baby! :)
Jason and his brothers have been waiting for subs on the house they are building, so they haven't been working much. Unfortunately, this slow time in work has been occurring about a month early, and I'm sure that as soon as the baby comes they will be swamped!

We have been really enjoying our boys. Tristan has been practicing being a big 3-year-old. He has been learning to get himself completely dressed and undressed, his own shoes on, setting the table, clearing the table, mopping the floor, etc. He has been a "dawdler" which I think is pretty typical of boys his age. He enjoys practicing writing the letters of the alphabet. He plays basketball about half the day. He has just developed a huge appetite. He is always hungry!

Wade still loves to sing. I really need to take some more videos of it! We are amazed at his ability to hear a song and sing along right away, then later we will catch him singing the song on his own. His vocabulary expands daily, and he can tell you anything he needs to in complete sentences. He loves to play basketball as well! He loves to do and have everything that big brother does. He has shown me that he is really good around babies, so we are excited to see him interact with the new one when it comes.

We are looking forward to lots of excitement over the next couple of months. Leah comes to visit for almost a week next week, and then she'll return again for 4 days over my due date. My mom is coming for two weeks, Cammy and Dad are both coming for a week, and Garrett is hoping to make an appearance as well. Julie hopes to be here over my due date, and other Sandersons are planning on coming for the birth of the baby as well. A month after the baby comes is Julie's wedding, so that will surely be a great kick-off to Spring!!

1 comment:

Neisha said...

sounds like you're ready for the baby to show. :)