Monday, January 24, 2011

Sick Boy

Wade didn't feel so good yesterday.  I'll try not to go into the details, but I want to remember a few of the things he said during his sickness.  

We were on our way to gospel meeting when it started.  (We turned around and went home.)  A small voice in the back said, "Mommy, I'm going to choke!"   A second later a little more urgently, "MOMMY, I'm going to have a choke!"  Sure enough he did have a "choke".  (A much nicer word than puke or barf, don't you think?)

We told him that he was very brave, because he wasn't fussing at all.  Halfway through a choking session, he said, "I'm brave, I'm brave," as if he was encouraging himself through it.  

He felt another choke coming on, so he was leaning over his bucket waiting.  He looked up at me and in a sarcastic voice said, "This is fun..."

Once we were home and over a toilet, his chant changed to, "This isn't fair, this isn't fair."  
I couldn't agree more sweetheart!  So glad you are better today!!

4 comments:

Jason and Sue said...

poor little guy! Hope you are all feeling better soon!

Neisha said...

aww, poor baby.

Tawn said...

he looks rather adorable in that picture, and i love that he was sarcastic. Hopefully the rest of you didn't get the pukes.

Kari D. said...

That's both precious and hysterical.