Friday, January 07, 2011

Holiday Vacation Finale

Playing with pans at Uncle Garrett's condo.

Cammy took Tristan and Wade to Columbia with her for the night, Jason and Garrett were working, so it was Owen and I who headed for a nice walk on the beach!

New Year's Eve party at Lyle and Heather's

Our hostess, Heather, and little Landon.



Big Long Settlers game

Enjoying Landon's toys!

Owen on his steed.

Sparklers at midnight!  Wade didn't stay awake for the new year, but the other two did!

Charlotte and Elena with Tristan who blew his New Year's horn.

Another day of sailing!  Jason is making it look cold, but it was actually a BEAUTIFUL day!  There was nice sun, a perfect breeze, and we opened up the sails!

Garrett is a good skipper

The rig master

Owen takes the helm.  Just a note:  I don't know if any of my "sailing jargon" was accurate...probably not, but you know, just trying to talk the talk!  :)

Back in Columbia we watched the Packers and the Seahawks squeak their way into the playoffs!!!  This is in the Florida room, so it was a little chilly.


Eating...and sometimes decorating...gingerbread cookies.

River walk



This is where Cammy goes for meeting.  This woman's name is Katherine, and she is a wonderful, sweet, southern woman!



I have a picture just like this 2 years ago, and Cammy was holding Tristan.  

The boys keep calling these their Ermy hats.  Not sure why they couldn't get that vowel quite right.  They were marching and chanting.  :)

And this brings us home.  About 5 minutes after pulling in the driveway we hosted Carolyn's birthday party!  Happy 29th sis!!!  
We had a wonderful vacation!  We are so lucky to have such a great family!  Now it's back to working on the house.  Shelving is getting delivered today, trim package has been ordered, etc.  We have the workers coming for the weekend, and I feel bad that I can't provide them with doors yet!   

4 comments:

auntie cammy said...

Thanks for posting all the great pictures sis! I hope you all had half as much fun as me! Thank you ssooooo much for coming. It was awesome! Love you lots! Hope you get some rest soon! :)

Tawn said...

I know you are amazing Sarah, but did you really whip that birthday cake up 5 minutes after you got home? Love your pictures, and your little guys are adorable, as usual.

Heather said...

Hey Sarah! Love the pictures you put up!!! It was wonderful to have y'all at New Year's. I'm going to steal the pic of Landon and me. :) I'm just finally getting started on my house- after two years- so I have lots of built up ideas. ;-)

shannon g said...

You've met Katherine?!!! She is a wonderful sweet little lady! We have many fond memories of her also from when I lived in SC '97-'99). Fun to see your pics!