Saturday, January 08, 2011

4:45 PDT

That time has become very much a part of my life...

You see, the plan was, when we went to the East Coast I would keep the boys on their regular time schedule.  Usually they go to bed around 8 pm and wake up around 6 am.  So, I figured we will be 3 hours ahead, so they can just go to bed around 11 pm and they should sleep until 9 am.  That way I won't have to readjust their schedules while we're there only to change them back again when we got home.  Great idea....in theory.  It didn't work.  It didn't take them long to figure out when 6 am REALLY was!  Now we are home and 6 am EDT means 3 am PDT!!  So far they haven't gotten up at 3, but 4:45 is pretty close!  I'm stretching to keep them up until 8, because they really want to go to bed earlier, but they have been up before 5 every day we've been home so far!  When I say they, I generally mean Wade and Owen.  Tristan has been sleeping in until a more reasonable hour....6 am.  Hopefully it won't take them long to readjust...meanwhile, any volunteers for the early shift?  :)

4 comments:

auntie cammy said...

Crazy little boys! You need to celebrate the new year again and keep them up to midnight to get them back on track!

Tawn said...

Ugh Ugh Ugh. Here I was complaining because Lydia only slept until 7:15 this morning. Good luck.

Auntie Lisa said...

Send them over!! I'd be delighted to!! Plus the 10 hr. time change might throw them off a bit!! =)

Mochas, Mountains and Moby Wraps said...

I tried the same idea but was willing to just do a 2 instead of 3 hour time change and that didn't even work. So much for our brilliance, eh?