Tuesday, May 04, 2010

A Week in Review

Jason's Grandpa passed away early yesterday morning, so we will be heading to Sequim this weekend.  In the 3.5 years that we have lived in Washington we have lost 5 grandparents (all 4 of Jason's).  In our 5.5 years of marriage we have lost 6.  We only have one left!   :(  I guess we are at that age, though.  The weird thing for me is that now our parents are the oldest generation in the family.  That's kind of crazy! 

My mom has her final (hopefully!) surgery today to repair the aneurysms in her brain.  We are confident that it will go well and she will make a full recovery!

9 week smiles.  (He just turned 10 weeks, but these are from last week.)


I love the stripe patterns in this picture!

A blurry come-in-for-a-kiss picture.  Owen looks....excited?  :)

Sanderson Brothers working on our house.  Again, this is from the end of last week, so progress has been made since.  I will try to take some pictures this afternoon, but most of the exterior walls on the upper level are standing.

Our daylight basement


Reading books with Caleb

This weekend Jason's parents came to Chelan and Jason fixed a pig pile meal.  We laid down a disposable tablecloth and dumped the food in the middle.  We had steak, chicken, shrimp, sausage, fried potatoes, asparagus, and bread.  Everyone got a fork and we got to dig in!

Dessert was blobs of ice cream on a fresh tablecloth and covered with chocolate, caramel, and whipped cream.

Us adults thought it was great fun to eat off the table.  The kids didn't see any difference in what they usually do!  :)
My spring flowers this year have kept me guessing.  My daffodils came up like normal.  Just as they were done blooming, my tulips opened.  This is a picture of some of my tulips.  Last fall I had planted some new tulip bulbs as well.  They are just starting to bloom now....about  3 weeks after the "old" tulips bloomed.  Is that normal?  Do new bulbs take longer than old bulbs?  I will have to get a picture of my new tulips, because they are soo beautiful!  I love them!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! The house is coming right along. It will be fun to see you guys this weekend even if not for the best reasons. Give my boys a hug for me. By the way I made your alfredo recipe last night. Worked great and my husband was impressed : )Thanks!

sleepoutside said...

thanks for the photos, hopefully we can see you in person some day. If you ever come down to Portland, you really better let me know - we're about 4 miles from Sam and Julie.

Tulip varieties bloom at different times, and also it could be you planted the new ones an inch or two deeper than the old ones. =) Pretty!

Neisha said...

enjoyed all the pictures!

Jason and Sue said...

beyond adorable! The house is looking great!..exciting!!