Friday, May 21, 2010

New Sayings

You know how it is as a parent when you children learn new words and phrases.  Very exciting, right?  Well, I'm proud to announce that since becoming a parent I've expanded my vocabulary too!!  I have said things that I've never said before! I've strung together words into sentences that I would never have predicted I could do!  Here are a few examples.

-Push your pee pee down.
-We don't go outside with bare buns.
-We don't go potty in our pants; that's grossies.
-Snuggle your blankie so you won't be scared.
-There are no monsters or bears in our house.
-Be careful by the edge.
-We don't jump on the couch, bed, your brother, etc

Aren't you so proud of me?  :)

6 comments:

Neisha said...

haha. ah yes, the joys of being a parent. :)

Jeff, Renee, Carter and Camden said...

I swear I've said those exact same things too! Aren't boys fun.
What about "we don't hit our brother in the head with a baseball bat?" I don't think I predicted I would ever say that but I do, often. Go figure.
Or how about "Stop trying to ride the cat"

Jacinda said...

Ha ha too funny and true!! I remember when Axel was a baby and we got a puppy and I would say the word Potty a lot. Kent said,"I will never say potty." Boy has he ate those words:)

Tawn said...

"Want to hold the bunny to help you go poo-poo in the potty?"

"Gentle hugs, you don't want to squish your sister."

"It hurts when you poke someone's eye, pull someone's hair, pinch someone's arm, etc."

Not to mention talking for inanimate objects. Sigh.

Dave and Kristi said...

Love the parental language! Just wait til you are saying, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do." Be safe" Don't talk or text when driving.... etc

the homestead girl said...

Bahahaha! Oh man Sarah...I've said pretty much all of those today! Thanks for the laugh!