Friday, September 25, 2009

Underwear-wearing Long-Haired Visitors

Yesterday after working in the daycare, the boys and I stopped off at our cousin Jared's 8th grade football game. Jared did an awesome job and their team won 44-0. Then, we stopped off at home and I fixed dinner. While I was doing that Jason took Tristan down to the lake for a quick swim (it was 86 degrees at about 6 pm!) Then, we went to the varsity volleyball game. Two of our friends Houston and Mandy play on the team, and they were playing their biggest rivals. The opponents were from the school district that I used to teach in, and all of my old students are now 10th graders, so it was a lot of fun to see a lot of my former students and show off my boys and new bump. (I was pregnant and then gave birth to Tristan during the school year that I taught them.) As soon as all of the girls took the court for the first game, Tristan pointed out, "Mommy, they're wearing their underwears!" Hahahah It's something that we all think, but only a 2 year old actually says! :) It was a good game, close, but Chelan came out ahead! :)

In other news, we are eagerly awaiting the arrival of Mom, Dad, Cammy, and Garrett! They come in on Tuesday and will stay for a week. Can't wait! I heard the weather is going to change, though, and it's only supposed to be in the upper 60s when they are here! How are we supposed to go swimming and boating??? Especially when Cammy is used to the unbearable heat of Iraq, and Garrett the balmy sunshine of SC. They are going to think it's freezing!

Anyone have ideas for making an 18 month old quit pulling hair? He doesn't pull mine, but he is very attracted to the dangling locks of the little daycare girls. I have tried lots of different things, I just typed out the things I've tried, but they sounded really mean, so I deleted them. Magic cure anyone?

3 comments:

Swenson Family said...

Yahoo for family coming to visit! My sister Tanya and her little boy Simon are coming here to see us on Tuesday and will be here for a week!!!!!!! As far as the hair pulling...hmmmm...it would help if the little girl had her hair in a bun eh? Is his hair long enough to pull...make him pull his own hair or you pull it, so he knows how it feels. I don't know? Good luck! ~Teah

shaunandhelen said...

I got Hannah to stop biting by ignoring her and showering attention on big bro-- (her only victim) maybe try that.

GIEJ Long said...

Hi, first of all I want to say a big congratulations for the awsome news I just found out today (read on your blog)!!! Courageous woman you are, hahaha.
About hair pulling, I was thinking the same - do this to him too, to see how it feels. uckily I don't have this problem (yet?)
It was sooo fun to read your blog and see how similar it is raising two toddlers about the same age. Some things like saying sorry, I was just going to write on our blog, some I already written. The things your kids say DOES sound funny, but I am sure it is much more fun to HEAR them. I know it is so much fun to hear those things from their little mouths, especially when it is for the first time. And you are doing right writing all of them, you might want to make a book, printing the blog. I just found this out and I was going to share it with my blogger friends. I AM going to print the blogs :-) since I found this out. (maybe you already know?) Anyway, maybe I find out some time for this today.
Ivona