Monday, September 14, 2009

Silly Boys

I have enjoyed talking with my boys lately, as they both say things that crack me up. I thought I would share them with you.

* When Tristan does something goofy, he says, "Oh my goodness, silly Tristan."

* Wade always wants us to watch something that he is doing. For some reason his version of "Watch this" sounds like "Esaw". So, he comes running up to us, "Esaw, esaw, esaw" until we say, "I'm watching." Then, he takes off to show us something really cool....like throwing a rock, or kicking a ball, or doing a sommersault. :) Esaw also sounds a lot like his version of Lisa, which is Sesaw. So, when Lisa was here this week and he wanted her to watch something it was, "Sesaw, esaw."

* Wade also has learned Tristan's name, except it sounds like "Disdan." I love when he's walking through the house and can't see his brother, so he calls out, "Disdan, We ahhhhhh you?" (Tristan, where are you?) He even draws out the "are" and says it in a sing-song voice. So cute!

* Tristan has learned the concept of today vs tomorrow, and he knows what tonight means. The other day, he said "We're going to Wal-Mart tomorning." Makes sense to me!

* When I ask Tristan to do something he has several responses. Because he is 2 1/2, sometimes the response is a big "No!" But a lot of the time, he tilts his head, gives a resigned sigh, and says, "Ok, I guess so."

* When Wade is being grumpy we put him in his crib and tell him that he needs to stay in his crib until he can be happy. We then check on him and ask him if he's happy. He's always ready to get out right away. I've always been able to just lay Wade down in his crib for a nap, and he has pretty much fallen right to sleep. However, now I go to lay him down, and he tells me, "I happy, mommy, I happy." I have to say, "I know baby, but it's nap time!" Sometimes when he wakes up in the morning he'll stand up in his crib and start chanting, "I happy, mommy." Time to get up!

* Wade is also still on his baseball kick. It's fun to see how long he can go in the morning before he says the word "baseball". He usually makes it about 5 or 6 seconds before he says "baseball" and goes looking for a ball, bat, or glove. He also has taken a liking to football. Now with the NFL season underway, it's perfect timing. He is pretty good at catching a football, except if it bonks his face, then he shys away from the ball for a little while.

* Wade has also learned how to say sorry and give hugs and kisses. When he hurts Tristan, he is quick to give him a hug and tell him sorry. Please and thank you are also becoming more familiar to him. He will tell you thank you (Din Din) until you respond with You're Welcome.

* We pronounce the word tired more like ti-erd. Tristan pronounces it like it is spelled ti-red. So, he'll curl up in his bed and say, "Mommy, I'm ti-red."

Ok, so I just re-read these, and it doesn't sound all that cute in writing, so I guess you'll just have to take my word for it! :)

6 comments:

Jessica said...

they are very cute. i love the things kids say.

Jenny said...

I think it's all VERY cute! I especially love the one about Wade saying, "I happy, Mommy!" I love what goes through little ones minds.

Kari D. said...

It DOES sound cute, very cute! That's so cute about Wade loving baseball so much. He is all boy.

Aunty Leahmouse said...

ohhhh! i can't wait to see them again! i think you do a wonderful job of writing it.

Randy and Amy said...

It is all cute because we've heard similiar things and KNOW how cute they are!

the homestead girl said...

Love it! What talkers you have...maybe they can teach Eli a word or two when you're up! :-)