Monday, June 08, 2009

Chelan Convention 2009

We enjoyed a wonderful convention this past week! It comes and goes so fast, and you wish you could stay there forever! There were many wonderful thoughts shared, but one in particular I appreciated! One of the workers commented that it was amazing how little he remembers of the thoughts that were shared at a convention. But, convention is a cleansing process. It's like if you take a bath, when you come out there is not much water still on your body, but you are clean. I really appreciated this, because with the boys I didn't get as many notes taken as I would have liked, and have forgotten some of the things that I wanted to be sure to remember, but I do feel cleansed!

Tristan spent a lot of time getting drinks.


In the back is Jonathan, Emily, and Mango. The front is Kora and Tristan

There were lots of little kids there!! We attempted a picture of all of the kids under the age of 10. I estimate that we got about half of them. See if you can spot Tristan and Wade.
Convention was very hot Thursday and Friday...95 and 91 respectively. Saturday was hot at first, but a rain cloud rolled in and cooled us off. Sunday was borderline chilly with more rain later on. We stayed at home, as our house is less than a mile from the convention grounds. Mom and Dad stayed with us, and Julie, Lichen, and Teana stayed for 1 night as well.



4 comments:

Melissa O. said...

Lots of kids! wow! my Aunt Katrina and cousins Luke and Tori were there too. We're looking forward to Riverton. :)

Jessica said...

That is a ton of kids! fun.
Thanks for the convention thought.

djyuds said...

I loved the thought you shared about convention being a cleansing process. We're heading to Post Falls today, and that's just a good thought to be heading to convention with!

Lani said...

Would you believe me if I told you I was related to some of the kids in these pictures? Looks like they had lots of good playmates.