Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Maybe Not...

Well, I went into the hospital at 9:00 yesterday morning. They ended up not starting me on plutosin until 1:00, because they had to have an operating room open for me just in case, and there were a couple of surgeries that were ahead of me. I was having some mild contractions at the time, and once the medication started, the contractions picked up pretty quickly. By 5:00 I was having pretty steady contractions and they were starting to be a little painful. However, my uterus wasn't completely relaxing in between each contraction, so they decided to shut off the medication to give the baby a rest. I had pretty steady contractions for about an hour after that, and then they started to dwindle down. They were going to start the medication again, but there was another woman who came in who was in labor and she got priority over me, so they monitored me for a couple of hours and then sent me home about 10:30 pm. It was pretty disappointing for me, but I knew that there was a good chance it wouldn't work on the first try. They have surgeries scheduled all day today, so unless I go into labor on my own, they won't induce again until tomorrow (Thurs.) morning. Today is Jason's birthday and we have about 6 inches of new snow from yesterday. That makes a foot and a half of fresh snow since Saturday! I will do my best to keep you updated! Sorry there are no baby pictures yet. :(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just FYI: The medication is called "pitocin." I had to be induced, too, when I had my babies (that was 24 and 19 years ago!!). Enjoy your new little one, whenever he/she comes! :-)

Lars and Tara said...

I've been checking in all day! I'm sure you're all very anxious for baby to arrive!! Can't wait to hear and see pictures!!

Anonymous said...

I've been checking too and I can't wait to see pictures of your new bundle!! :)

Anonymous said...

It's Friday and I'm thinking about you! Can't wait to see pictures! I hope all is well.