Monday, July 11, 2011

Birthday Surprise!

Saturday started out with a trip to the farmer's market and a couple of garage sale stops.  Then, our neighbor wanted to give the whole family pedicures, complete with a clear coat of polish!  :)  

A little bit of baseball with another neighbor...

Then, Jason and Sue came up and we went out on the boat!  These were some cool Ultralights that had floats attached to them.  So we were just kind of floating by this park, not really doing much.  Then we moved to the marina, I assumed to sight-see.  Then, all of a sudden I saw some people I recognized coming down the dock!  What a coincidence!!!  Nope, not a coincidence!  Jason had planned a birthday surprise for me!!  Yippeee!!!

Justin, Pam, and Dakota surprised me on the boat.  It would have really been a surprise if this towel would have fallen down while Justin was getting his swim trunks on.  It was funny, because I had been asking Pam what they were up to this weekend, because we wanted to get together.  She answered all of my other questions except what they were doing.  I was a little bummed Saturday, because I thought that all of my friends were busy, but they were just surprising me!  I've always dreamed of having a surprise birthday, but this was the first it actually happened, and I didn't have a clue!

Saturday was also the day of the Poker Run, so we enjoyed looking at all of the cool boats!  Our boat didn't really fit in, but they did ask us to tie up with them!  haha

Tristan's interesting sleep position

Eric and Aura had their boat out too and tied up with us for awhile.  After boating, there was a birthday dinner!  And even cake with candles!  Wow!  I'll have to see if I can get a pic of that from Pam.  


Thanks for the great surprise and birthday celebration!

Sunday after gospel meeting, we went over to Kevin and Julianne's for a backyard bbq.

This picture looks like it could have come straight out of Better Homes and Gardens.  Julianne is a wonderful hostess/chef/decorator/etc!  Kevin did a good job grilling shrimp skewers too!

After Owen cleaned up my strawberry shortcake, he went to work on Sue's.



\
It was a great weekend!!!!

2 comments:

Jessie K said...

Happy Birthday! Funny thing, mine is the day before yours!

Jessica said...

Wish we could of made it :-) glad it was a great weekend! Happy days xx