Friday, April 16, 2010

I Learned How to Spell Aneurysm

Most of you already know that my mom has 2 brain aneurysms. She started having double vision and went to see an eye doctor about it. He had her get an MRI and they found what they thought to be a large aneurysm behind her right eye. Another test found a second, smaller aneurysm deep in the left side of her brain that was far more dangerous than the first one. Last week she had that second aneurysm repaired with a stint and coil. This week they attempted to repair the large one behind her eye. She will go back in about a month so they can finish that repair. Dr. Ahuja was awesome! It is amazing that they can fix these things with a catheter in her blood vessel!


Owen and I flew back, and Cammy and Garrett drove up to be with mom during the first few days.

This is mom's favorite nurse Enaas.


My Grandma got to meet her newest Great-Grandbaby. I snapped this picture right after Owen filled his pants. I love Grandma's expression of surprise after the blow-out.



I did more sitting around than I have done in years! No boys to chase after!


Meeting Uncle Garrett with big grins.




Mom got to go home for a few days in between the surgeries.


A few missing from this family picture!!!
Jason had the boys for the 5 days I was gone. My sister-in-law DeAnne watched the boys while Jason was working. (Thank YOU!!!) When I was talking to Jason the night before I returned, he told me that they were missing me because they had no clean clothes, no clean dishes, and no food in the house. But he was just teasing me, because when I got home the laundry was all done, the dishes were all clean, and there were still some condiments in the fridge. :) Also, he had said that he didn't really get a chance to work on building our house because of having to watch the boys. He was bluffing about that too, because they had finished all the exterior walls in the lower level. We should be ready for floor joists by Monday! :)

Happy 30th Birthday to my big sister!!!! Oh wait...that's Happy "29th" Birthday again. :)

3 comments:

Neisha said...

glad you're mom is doing okay!

Kari D. said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom, but I'm glad they caught it in time. That's so nice you could be back there with your family.

Jenny said...

The marvels of modern medicine, right? :) I'm so glad your mom is doing well, and glad you and Owen could be with her!