Saturday, August 01, 2009

Quail, Presents, and Happy Anniversary!

First off I think that it is a little ironic that Jason woke up twice during the night to feed this little baby quail with an eye dropper when he has rarely woken up to take care of our boys. :) He found this quail at their job site on Thursday. We were trying to take good care of it, but by Friday night it wasn't looking so good. As I mentioned, Jason started feeding it with an eye dropper because we weren't sure it was eating any of its food. It seemed much more chipper this morning. However, we were away from home most of the day, and we came home to...well....you know. :(


On a happier note, my parents sent me a generous gift of money for my birthday and I actually spent it on me! I didn't just put into the bank to pay bills with! So, thanks to an estate sale a few blocks away (and a couple of hours of cleaning and polishing), this is my new toy!!



My mom didn't play the piano all that often growing up, but I do remember her playing after we'd gone to lie down in bed. We'd fall asleep to her playing the piano, and I always loved it!!! I couldn't wait to do the same for my kids. Well, tonight was the first night I could!! I played the song that I walked down the aisle to (China Roses by Enya) and the song I sang in our wedding (I Cross My Heart by George Strait). I did this because yesterday was our anniversary!!!



5 years ago we were married! We haven't gotten to celebrate yet....oh wait...we went to Mexico for our anniversary trip! :)

3 comments:

Neisha said...

nice piano. Kylie asked me the other day when we were getting a piano. I told when they learned to play one.

Jessica said...

love the piano.
where have 5 yrs gone? awesome.

Randy and Amy said...

What a sweet story!