Thursday, November 20, 2008

Jason's Buck

We had a few requests for a picture of Jason's buck. Here ya go! I feel like we really got some good meat. At Aunt Linda's suggestion, I canned some. I've never had canned venison, but I'm excited to try it. I also made some of my mom's famous venison summer sausage. Well, I don't know how famous it is, but I really like it! Jason left tonight to bow hunt elk, so I hopefully I'll be able to take another picture similar to this next week! I suppose with an elk, though, the table would be a bit fuller.

2 comments:

the homestead girl said...

I want to see horns! -Shane

Neisha said...

where is Jason hunting? a couple of weeks ago Justin was out in Colorado and got a bull elk.
Sounds like Jason is a hunter. So is Justin, BIG time! The meat is nice..the time away from home isn't (for me)