Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Daylight Savings

What daylight savings means to me:
(I know, a little late right?)

*Instead of my boys waking up at 6:15 am, they were up at 5:15 am.
*Instead of having 4 hours before meeting, we had 5.
*Instead of taking a bath the night before, we saved it for the morning to use up a little of those 5 hours.
*Instead of eating 2 breakfasts, the boys ate 3 before meeting.
*Their clocks are still off...Wade has been up at 5:30 everyday since, despite going to bed at his normal time.

Remember when fall daylight savings meant a whole extra hour of sleep?  I do...vaguely....

I also remember when I was working nights in college, daylight savings meant an 11 hour night instead of the usual 10 hours... NOT FUN!  We had a time sheet where we recorded what we had done every 15 minutes.  1:30 am....1:45 am.....and instead of 2:00am we had to write 1:00 am again!  How frustrating! 

Someday I will again appreciate the extra slumber and relaxation that comes with falling back!

2 comments:

Jason and Sue said...

This post makes me want kids so bad I can hardly stand it...rriight...

Jacinda said...

We were in the same boat here...except we forgot it was daylight saving until half way through the morning. Good thing we fell back an hour. It's crazy how one hour can mess the kids up so much. Starting to get back to normal a little now though.