Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Flamin' Softball

Our City-League softball season officially started last night with us being thoroughly defeated. I can't remember the score, but it was something along the lines of a lot to a little. While we were playing, a lightning storm hit. (Probably not the best sport to be playing during a lightning storm.) It was pretty crazy being out in an open field watching the lightning strike the hills around us. At one point this big fire broke out on the hillside. It was a perfect ring of fire burning. (Yes, our whole team broke out in Johnny Cash.) I didn't have my camera with me, but when we got home I took a picture of the view out of our front door. The fire moved to just beyond the hill, and this orange glow was visible.
We took a little drive up the hill. It was blocked off, but I got one more picture a little bit closer.


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Wow, that's pretty crazy stuff!