Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Houses in our Neighborhood

When we go for a walk, Tristan has been pointing out some of the places that we pass. Most everything he points out, he has made up his own name for. The post office is the "mail house." The bank is the "candy house," because of the dum dum suckers they get when we go in there. And just today I heard a new one as we were passing the doctor's office. He called it the "owwie house." The only times he has been to the doctor's office have been for well-child checks (knock on wood!), so the only thing I can think of is that he is remembering the shots he gets when he has to go there! Ooowww!

2 comments:

GIEJ Long said...

This is sooo funny how Tristan is a word maker.
What a timing to read your post now, since I have a Dr Appt today for sick child check(!). Both of them have been having this horrible cold (flu?) for almost 2 weeks and it doesn't seem to get better, they cough and I still wipe their nose every minute. And do you know when this all started? A DAY after I was telling Gordon how happy I was that my kids haven't had any cold this year. But I didn't knock on wood, haha. Just kidding.
Can't wait to see your kids (and you) again (at conv.?)

Naomi said...

Love reading your posts, it's fun to read about someone else who seems to be equally kept on her toes. :) The single, double, and triple pushes are pretty simple, dumb actually, but she doesn't think so. She says "I want a triple!" and I push her 3 times in a row, counting to three. :) I think it's paying off though, because she loves to count!