Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Lesson Learned?

Tristan throws a fit whenever I microwave his food. The microwave is on the way from the kitchen to his high chair, and he sees his food making its way to him and then it suddenly detours into the microwave, causing a shout, cry, and possibly a few high chair kicks from Tristan. I have tried explaining to him that his food tastes better when I heat it up, but he doesn't quite understand. This morning I took a couple of slices of leftover French toast out of the freezer and I went to the microwave to heat them up for Tristan's breakfast. Of course, he started hollering, and I thought "Fine, I'll just give him the French toast frozen, and maybe he will learn that a microwave is a good thing!" So, I put the frozen French toast on his plate, pour some syrup on top, and wait for him to learn his lesson about the importance of microwaving his food. Well, Tristan proceeded to eat both pieces of FROZEN French toast, and I'm sure there was a smug look on his face the whole time he was eating them!! Lesson learned.....for mom....."Lessons" often backfire in your face when dealing with a 16 month old!
(I do understand that this could be easily avoided by having his food hot and ready for him before I put him in his high chair, but those of you who have had a little 16 month old boy know that sometimes the high chair doubles as a restraining device, so you can prepare his food without having 3 drawers and 2 cupboards emptied out by the time you are ready to feed him.)



The Sanderson Brothers take a little time out from the 2 houses they are building to build a dock.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tristan you are a funny baby!! Your little bother is looking an awful lot like you these days! Love you!

Randy and Amy said...

I love the lesson!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how cute the boys are in actions and looks!!! Just like their mom and dad :)
Love, Grandma L.

drea said...

That is too funny! Zayden is the same way - I can't get him the food fast enough! I always have to divert his attention with the "puffs" I always hope to get his food done before he devours them. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Sarah-your baby is SUCH a cutie! I enjoy your blog!
Dorena

the homestead girl said...

Wow! Wade just keeps getting cuter! Tristan and the toast-that's funny! We're sort of going through a similar experience with Eli-he screams like crazy if you take his teether biscuit...I guess they develop their opinions about food pretty quickly! :-)