Monday, January 28, 2013

January Updates

We had two nights in a row of late night sledding.  The snow was fun and fast on the hill alongside our house and the weather was right around freezing, so it was very pleasant to sled in.  We let the kids stay up past 10  two nights in a row to take advantage of the great opportunity!

I got a call from the Tristan's school while I was teaching from the nurse saying that he wasn't feeling very well.  I had an aide cover for me so I could pick him up and take him home.  He composed this while he was at home that day.  :)  Not too many opportunities for him to write this.

A trip up to Oroville to stay with the Thompsons.  The Barnes' were there too!

We went a mile up this logging road and then sledded down. It was amazing!!!!  The most fun sledding I've EVER had!  It was nice because a truck took us up and dropped us off.  :)  The snow was fast, the hill just curvy and steep enough to make for a GREAT ride!  We did it over and over again!

Josh and Branson

Owen and Jason

Tristan on his own.  These snowmobile sleds worked great!!  They have a front ski that you can steer and brakes to slow you down. They were just what the boys needed to make it safely down the hill!  Regular sleds were too fast and hard to control for them to go on without an adult, but the snowmobile sleds were just perfect!

Tawn and all "3" of her girls! :)

The guys had a race.  Tristan and I followed behind to clean up the pieces.  The only thing that broke was one of the sleds and one of Mike's metacarpals.  Ouch!  

The view while sledding!  I know! Amazing!

An attempt at a kid picture on the slide.

The end of our attempt.  :)

Blood oranges have been on sale and we've been purchasing a bunch.  I really like the taste, but I do have a little trouble not thinking of blood every time I bite into them!   Owen really likes them, obviously.  :)
So does Wade!

The neighborhood sledding hill.  I hope no one actually tried to ride that trike down....that would be rather dangerous!


Penguins!

At least they don't go as fast like this!

We had our annual Winterfest festival. It was a lot of fun!  I hope I have more pictures on my phone, because this is the only one I found on my camera!  We had a make-your-own pizza get-together and then went downtown and looked at the sculptures before heading to the park for the fireworks.

We had a heavy frost and the trees looked beautiful.  We are in the doldrums of January.  We actually have stagnant air warnings out!  The problem is that with the lack of movement the clouds have settled in low on the lake so we haven't had much sun.  :(  haha I just realized I'm complaining about lack of air movement and in a few months you will probably hear me complain about the spring wind that we get!  :)

Eric is a good uncle.  Practicing up!  :)

The boys used some of their Christmas money to purchase the air hockey and table soccer tables that you see.  They were really cheap, $30 total for both tables!  They have been providing hours of entertainment!  Landon, the neighbor boy, likes to play too!

Oh boy!  "Boys will be boys" his shirt says.

I love evenings like this!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! We want to come and sled with you guys!
-Auntie Jewls

Auntie Nanners said...

Miss you guys so so much! Love you all
-Auntie Nanners :)

solon salles said...

OLÁ IRMÃOS TUDO BOM COM VOCES VISITEM MEU BLOG RAIAPIRES.BLOGSPOT.COM.BR

WWW.IPDA.COM.BR
luiz solon salles

kucLI said...

deeply admire this great winter boots women woman writer. It can be said, she gave Catherine a sober choice, give her a tactful and meticulous, the husband of the deep, but still gave her deep thoughts the Xisi Ke