Tuesday, September 27, 2011

New Job

First of all I want to tell you to look back soon for pictures from the BEST CAMPING TRIP EVER!  :)  We had a lot of fun this weekend with several other families camping at the state park.  I have to tell you about something that Wade said before we left.  He had a little owie on his heel and was worried about needing a band-aid for it while we were camping.  I assured him, "I have some along in case you get an owie."  Later he said, "Can I have some "along" for my owie?"  Heehee

Ok, back to the reason for this post.  I got a very interesting call Wednesday of last week from the high school principal here in Chelan.  I haven't talked to him for 4 years, since I quit teaching to stay home with my boys, and was worried that he had forgotten about me or will have forgotten about me by the time I was ready to go back to teaching.  Anyway, he called to see if I would be interested in teaching math part-time at the middle/high school.  My initial response was that I couldn't, because of my obligations to the daycare and to my boys.  Jason and I talked about it, though, and he was very willing to fill-in on the boy-watching portion, and Carolyn figured we could make it all work with the daycare too! So, I accepted the position!!  It is only for 3 hours/day and it is right during the boys nap time, so I'm not feeling too guilty about leaving them.  Also, it seems like a great opportunity to ease into the school system.  I was worried about finding a job in a few years when I was ready to go back, and this seems to be a great way to get my foot in the door.  The principal seems very willing to work around my schedule and needs, so that is very wonderful!

So, I started yesterday (Monday), and have had 2 days with the kids.  I am their 4th teacher in the 3 weeks that they've been in school, so it has been a rough start for them.  It will take a little bit to establish a normal routine and schedule.  I am teaching a 7th grade math lab, an 8th grade math class, and a 9th/10th grade Algebra 1 class.  I am excited to be back into the classroom!!

1 comment:

Melissa O. said...

That's awesome! how exciting!