Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It Doesn't Work....

I always try to get Tristan to go to the bathroom before we leave the house. This morning we were headed to the store/post office and I had him go in and go potty, even though he'd gone only about 1/2 hour before. He stood there trying to go and finally said, "It doesn't work, Mommy."

Now that baseball season is over (well for most of us, anyway) and football season has started, we have a new sport in our house. Don't get me wrong, the boys still play baseball several times a day, but we have added football to the mix. BRING BACK BASEBALL!! I used to just have to put on a baseball mitt and toss a ball to the boys, who would swing and then chase down the ball, giving me about 15 seconds to get something done before the ball was back in my mitt waiting to be tossed again. I miss those 15 seconds!! Now, we have full contact tackle football. Good luck getting something done when you have two kids bouncing on you stealing the football. Then they get it away and are up and running. If you stop paying attention for a second, you end up with a football hitting your noggin. Wade always gets hurt, several times, which of course means cuddles until he's ready to get back into the game. Needless to say, football is much more of a demanding sport than baseball was. When Daddy gets home, I pull the pregnant card and remove myself from the game. :) What's next....basketball? hmmm should be better...although I'll have my own little basketball by then, which makes everything a little more difficult!

When I was running around the bases at the ball fields the other day (just for fun, with the boys), I found myself breathing hard. I was consoled with the fact that I am breathing for two! :)

Here's a little video of part of a football game. Rylan joined us for this game. (You'll notice Wade wearing a bib...that's his new thing. He insists on wearing a bib around. Weird.)

5 comments:

Neisha said...

I want to be a kid again so I can cry and get what I want =) cute how that works for kids.

love Tristan's comment :). be sure to write these down

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have so much fun with your boys. They are so adorable! You are looking great also!

Jeff, Rebekah, Chloe, and Wyatt said...

You were born to be a boys mother! I'm gonna need some practice in that department! Wyatt is already showing more interest in balls than Chloe ever has! That's funny that Wade wants to wear a bib all the time! Kids are funny like that! Chloe does stuff like that all the time, but I can never guess what the hot item might be- sometimes it's one of my house decorations!

Leah said...

i couldn't help but notice... wade takes after the lepaks in the football playing :)

the homestead girl said...

Fun stuff! Especially love Wade in the bib...where do toddlers get these ideas??