Monday, January 14, 2008

Tristan Update

Tristan had his 1-year appointment this past week. He is 20.5 lbs (15%), 29.5 in (30%) and his head is 45.5 cm (15%). The Dr. says that he is a very healthy boy and makes up for his size by being advanced in other areas.

Last week Sunday in gospel meeting Tristan demonstrated a new word. He threw his toothbrush on the floor, and I told him "no, no" and took it away. Ten minutes later, he was looking at a book and threw it on the floor. He said "no, no" and shook his finger. Good thing he couldn't see me laughing!! He has been working on his "no, no" all week and is getting pretty good. Everytime he does something that he knows he's not supposed to do, he tells himself "no, no." So far it hasn't really stopped him from doing it though. :) It is pretty nice for me, because if he is out of my sight I know when he does something wrong, I just have to listen for his "no, no." I don't know where he ever learned that phrase from! :)

5 comments:

Melissa O. said...

they grow so fast!!! hope all's well.

Jason and Sue said...

wow, exciting! I feel for the nurses who had to traumatize the cutie!

Anonymous said...

Auntie Lisa said...
I have the CUTEST nephews & niece in the whole wide world!!! I miss you guys so much!! Say, I got to watch part of the SeaHawks-Packers game in Jordan of all places, and got SO excited when the SeaHawks made a great play and COULDN'T believe that they LOST!!!

love you guys!
Lisa

Alyssa said...

He sounds perfectly proportioned to me:) What a cutie. Isn't it funny when they start saying no? It gets less funny :) I just bought the best parenting book--called Love and Logic...Practical Parenting from Birth to 6 years by Dr. Jim & Charles Fey. It is really awesome and I wish I would have had it when I first started down the discipline road when Carson was between 1 and 2. My house has been WILD lately and the book just gave me a few good tips and a little much need relief. Big Hugs..

tbdch said...

You are such a good mom to remember your stats. I forget almost everything before I leave the office. I do remember that Dillon was at 10% weight and Connor 5% and Halle 25%. The important thing is that they keep gaining! That is cute about the NO! I still really like that word.