Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Updates

I'm sorry that I have not updated in awhile. Jason, Tristan, and I have spent the past week moving into a new house. We are only about a mile from our last rental, but we have a little more space. Jason and I have been spending our spare time cleaning, unpacking, repacking, etc. Preps started on Saturday here, so we helped get ready for convention, too. I have lots of pictures that I would like to put up once our computer is up and running again. Tristan rolled over yesterday for the first time! He was at Carolyn's for the day, and he went from his tummy to his back! Jason and I spent a good portion of the evening trying to get him to show us his new trick, but he just smiled and cooed at us. Last night he also grabbed his toes for the first time. What an interesting discovery! He is lifting himself up quite a bit when he is on his tummy. He just looks around studying everything he sees.

I have made the decision to stay at home with Tristan instead of going back to work in the fall. I am very excited about this decision. We have been debating whether or not we can pull it off, but we are going to go for it. I had two interviews lined up for fall teaching jobs, and I canceled both of them. I hope that I didn't burn any bridges for the future, but the opportunity to stay home with Tristan can't be passed up. So, now I only have 19 more days for a loooong time!

Jason and his brother Shawn have been framing the spec house. They have all the walls framed in now. Today they were going to start on the roof. (I think that is the next step.) Everything is going well for us here in Chelan. We are looking forward to heading to Minnesota the end of June for Kale's wedding!! Take care, and look for pictures soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I am sooooo, so, so, so excited for you! New house, no work! Wow! I'm walking around with a big smile for you (half as big as yours, I imagine!) ~Amy

Anonymous said...

Miss you guys,baby Tristan is sooo adorable! You will love being home Sarah, it was the best years of my life raising my babies(: Of course we are having fun now too, life keeps evolving! Can't wait to see all of you next weekend.I'm looking forward to seeing your home but especially my kids and GRANDbabies(:love you,mom